Do you find that you cannot afford most things as money is short?
Are you talented in something and other people comment about it?
Do you desire to do start your own business?
Or you are at that point in your career where you are considering self-employment
Do you have this nagging thought that you should own your company?
Or you are looking to make extra money on the side
Perhaps you have contemplated starting a small business but fear has held you back
Well, you’re in the right place. Welcome to Small Business Experts. Allow me to share my journey with you.
I started my consultancy business back in 2010 and it was not easy. I began my business with K’sh 500 which was for registering a website domain.
My role was to start and build my business, attract clients, recruit and manage staff, and help and support my clients.
Before hiring the first employee, I used to do everything. I was the receptionist, tea girl, cleaner etc. and my office was a cyber café along Tom Mboya Street, Nairobi. I paid my first employee K’SH 4,500 a month and paying them felt like a huge burden on my shoulder.
If you are thinking of starting a business, I am here to tell you that it is possible. My 500 bob business has expanded to employ 28 staff and is still growing.
My point is; you can start your enterprise today and within a short time see it succeed.
Taking the first step of starting a profitable business can be a scary thing because you do not know where to start, you think a lot of money is needed (which is not true) and also worry where your customers will come from. To cement these fears, you compare yourself to other successful entrepreneurs.
I am very proud of myself for taking the first step i.e deciding to venture into entrepreneurship. This step is more important than capital, connections, repeat customers etc
You can also decide to build a successful business today because this will ultimately open doors and possibilities for you.
However, you also need to learn the mistakes that most people who are new to business or starting a business in Kenya make.
My biggest mistake was to think I was not good enough and this led to charging for my services cheaply. I thought ‘a lot of money’ would scare my clients away. I would not want you to make the same mistake when setting up your venture.
You need to know your worth and charge the right price. In short, learn how to build a profitable business from scratch.
This Start A Business Training Suits You If:
- You want to step out, do your thing and make money
- Have a lot of business ideas but don’t know what to do with them
- Want a road map and plan on how to begin and build a successful venture.
- You already have a business but things are not working out- you are frustrated
- Want to get to the next level in your life.
When you join how to Start a Successful Business Course, you will gain these benefits:
- How to decide which business to get into. I’ll share with you the best industries and worst industries to open a business in Kenya.
- How to come up with a compelling service or product for your enterprise that will attract the right customer.
- How to target the right customer who is in need of your service or product, and is willing to pay.
- How to market your service or products even when you don’t like or enjoy selling
- How to charge for your product or service so can you make a profit without scaring away customers
- Systems to put in place to ensure repeat and endless customers
- How to balance business and your personal life
What To Do Next? Join Our Next Training. Get Started
If you are ready to start a successful business and watch it grow, fill in the form below and our expert business advisor will get back to you.
You also receive FREE business tips and advice when you register your details.